Audi was in fact established path in 1885 when the Wanderer Company was built up, later turning into a branch of Audi. Be that as it may, it was in 1899 that August Horch set up A. Horch and Cie in Cologne, at that point went ahead to frame the August Horch and Cie. Motowagenwerke AG in 1904. Horch left Motowagenwerke in 1909, establishing his own organization August Horch Authomobilewerke GmbH. All these organization names sound fundamentally the same as on the grounds that his old organization unquestionably did. They sued Horch for trademark encroachment and the Supreme Court concurred. Horch at that point needed to think of another name for his organization. Horch in Latin is Audi, which signifies ‘to tune in’. Also, hence, Audi was conceived. Zwickau was obviously where the organization was found, which is in the territory of Saxony.
AUDI AG is a German organization which produces autos under the Audi mark. It is a piece of the Volkswagen Group. The name Audi depends on a Latin interpretation of the surname of the organizer August Horch, itself the German word for “tune in!” Audi is headquartered in Ingolstadt, Germany.
On July 16, 1909 car pioneer August Horch established August Horch Automobilwerke GmbH in Germany. A brief timeframe later he renamed the organization after the Latin interpretation of his last name – making it Audi Automobilwerke.
In 1932, Audi converged with Horch, DKW and Wanderer, to shape Auto Union AG. The four rings of the Audi identification symbolize the brands Audi, DKW, Horch and Wanderer.
Car Union GmbH was set up in Ingolstadt on September third, 1949 after a progression of changes as WWII arrived at an end.
Daimler-Benz AG gained the dominant part of lastly the rest of the offers in Auto Union GmbH on April 24th, 1958.
Volkswagenwerk AG obtained the larger part of offers in Auto Union GmbH in December 1964, with Audi turning into a completely claimed VW auxiliary from the finish of 1966.
In March 1969, NSU Motorenwerke AG, which had recently been assumed control by VW, and the Ingolstadt-based Auto Union GmbH converged to shape Audi NSU Auto Union AG.
In March 1980, a four-wheel-drive sports roadster was presented at the Geneva Motor Show. The Audi Quattro was the main elite vehicle with four-wheel drive. This drive idea had already just been utilized on trucks and go 4×4 romping vehicles. The perpetual four-wheel-drive framework in the Audi Quattro appreciated overall achievement in engine sport and slowly discovered its way into the whole Audi display extend. From this time forward autos and the organization had a similar name. After ten years, he established a second auto fabricating organization: Audi Automobilwerke in Zwickau.
The Audi mark built up a convention of brandishing accomplishment from the specific beginning. On account of his triumphant association in the Austrian Alpine Runs in the vicinity of 1911 and 1914, August Horch prevailing with regards to making Audi universally known inside only a couple of years. The strikingly effective Audi Type C 14/35 hp even procured the epithet “Snow capped Conqueror”. After the First World War August Horch pulled back from the organization and moved to Berlin to fill in as a free car master.
1932: Vier interlocking rings symbolized the merger of four car producers situated in the German province of Saxony: Audi, DKW, Horch and Wanderer moved toward becoming Auto Union AG, at that point the second-biggest engine vehicle fabricating bunch in Germany. In 1945, after the finish of the Second World War, Auto Union AG ended up in the Soviet involved zone of Germany and was confiscated by the possessing Soviet powers. Some of the organization’s senior chiefs left for Bavaria, where another organization under the name of Auto Union GmbH was established in 1949 in Ingolstadt, maintaining the engine vehicle convention of the four rings. The primary vehicles bearing the four-ring seal to leave the organization’s creation lines after its new begin were well-demonstrated DKW items with two-stroke motors – bikes, autos and conveyance vans.
Alongside this unfolding of another time, it was felt that the time was ready for another item assignment. The conventional Audi name was in this manner restored. A brief span later, the last two-stroke DKWs left the creation line in Ingolstadt. From that point on, the new models with four-stroke motors were delivered under the brand name “Audi”. Another time had started in another sense, as well: the Volkswagen Group gained the Ingolstadt-based organization in 1965.
1949: What was initially a stop for Auto Union extra parts in the previous army town of Ingolstadt turned into the home office of Auto Union GmbH, another organization that proceeded with the engine vehicle conventions related with the four-ring insignia. Driving individuals from Auto Union’s senior administration had effectively moved to Bavaria toward the finish of the war, and in late 1945 a warehouse for Auto Union parts was set up in the memorable army city of Ingolstadt. These conditional endeavors to relaunch tasks prompted the establishing of another organization named Auto Union GmbH on September 3, 1949, with the reason for maintaining the car convention of the four rings.
From 1954 onwards, Friedrich Flick steadily obtained a substantial stake in the value of Auto Union GmbH. His technique was to locate a solid accomplice for Auto Union in the medium term. In April 1958, Daimler-Benz AG procured 88 percent of Auto Union’s offers and in the next year the Ingolstadt organization turned into a completely claimed backup.
1965: The new DKW F 102 model showed up available, the brand’s first post-war auto with a four-stroke motor. This was the start of another time, and the brand subsequently merited another name: Audi, a name wealthy in convention, was resuscitated. The Auto Union “Audi”, which was at first known just by this write assignment, was generally publicized and turned into a resonating achievement. This model line stayed underway until 1972, experiencing a couple of specialized and visual adjustments en route. In any case, another time had unfolded in Ingolstadt in another sense, as well, on the grounds that the organization had progressed toward becoming piece of the Volkswagen Group in 1965. The new managers declined to enable Ingolstadt’s specialists to create models of their own. Their arrangement was to utilize Ingolstadt’s creation limit with respect to building the VW Beetle. However, they had figured without Ludwig Kraus, around then Head of Development and an individual from the Board of Management, who proceeded in mystery with the improvement of another Audi display. The subsequent auto, which the gathering administration in Wolfsburg at last authorized, was first introduced to the worldwide press in Ingolstadt in November 1968. Its name: Audi 100. The Audi 100 was the primary vehicle to have shaken off every single hereditary connection with the previous DKW models. The tremendous achievement of this new Audi demonstrated its makers right. The Audi 100 likewise assisted Auto Union with preserving its different personality.
In 1969 Volkswagenwerk AG designed the merger of Auto Union GmbH and the Neckarsulm-based NSU Motorenwerke AG. The new organization was known as Audi NSU Auto Union AG and had its enlisted workplaces in Neckarsulm. For its initial twenty years, it produced weaving machines, however in 1886 the organization, whose unique name was Neckarsulmer Strickmaschinenfabrik (Neckarsulm Knitting Machine Factory), expanded into bikes. From that point on, two-wheeled vehicles were to affect the organization’s fortunes. Cruiser generation started at NSU in 1901, and after five years the primary engine auto was constructed. Engine auto generation was relinquished, nonetheless, in 1929, to enable the organization to focus on building bikes. It was very nearly thirty years after the fact, in 1958, preceding auto creation recommenced in Neckarsulm. On March 10, 1969, Auto Union GmbH of Ingolstadt converged with NSU Motorenwerke AG of Neckarsulm.
The last NSU left the generation line in March 1977, and from that point on the organization produced Audi autos solely. Streamlining the organization’s somewhat awkward name of Audi NSU Auto Union AG was talked about, and with the goal of giving the organization and its items a similar name, Audi NSU Auto Union AG was renamed AUDI AG in 1985. In the meantime the enlisted workplaces were exchanged from Neckarsulm to Ingolstadt.
The broad scope of Audi and NSU models covering a wide assortment of motors and drive ideas provoked the instituting of another publicizing motto in 1971, and one that has successfully been the organization’s statement of purpose from that point forward: “Vorsprung durch Technik”.